ABOUT BRIDGE SERVICE AND PANEL
Bridge has established a service and panel facility in Strydom Park, Johannesburg. Here, we service and refurbish used vehicles to the highest roadworthy standards for redistribution. This facility has commenced operations in January 2018, and is fully operational, covering the entire repair & refurbishment cycle of taxis.
Information about Bridge Service and Panel can be found at www.bridgetaxifinance.co.za
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to play a key role in the day to day running of the organisation. In this role you will support the workshop manager, working closely with him to ensure optimum operational efficiency and maintenance of required standard that the company is required to comply with.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To assume responsibility for:
1. Mechanical repairs
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-service and Inspections
- Minor and Major services.
- Plan daily tasks as per job card and inform workshop supervisor of progress.
- Conduct continuous risk assessments.
- Order required components from stores as per job card.
- Strip suspension to complete repairs as per job card.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Ability to use the latest diagnostic tools to discover functionality issues.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
- Ensure quality inspections are conducted between various phases of work.
- Code 08 (ED) and/or Code 10 driver’s license
- Because of the nature of operations and the type of equipment used, inherent job requirement for the position is that the applicant must be declared mutually fit.
- To adhere to the company Code of Conduct.
- Must be well-organized and have excellent time-management skills
- Analyze information quickly with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written reporting skills.
- 3 Years in the automotive industry with trade test will be highly advantageous.
|31 May 2022