About Bridge Service and Panel
Bridge has established a service and panel facility in Strydom Park, Johannesburg. Here, we service and refurbish used vehicles to the highest roadworthy standards for redistribution. This facility has commenced operations in January 2018, and is fully operational, covering the entire repair & refurbishment cycle of taxis.
Information about Bridge Service and Panel can be found at www.bridgetaxifinance.co.za
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to play a key role in the day to day running of the organisation. In this role you will support the workshop manager, working closely with him to ensure optimum operational efficiency and maintenance of required standard that the company is required to comply with.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To assume responsibility for:
1. Panel Beater
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to perform Pre-service and Inspections.
- Ability to assess the extent of motor vehicle repairs, restoration, or customization requests.
- Ability to restore damaged vehicles to their original condition by removing dents, mending parts, removing rust, repairing scratches, and spray-painting panels.
- Ability to remove and repair panels.
- Ability to refit mechanical and electrical trim.
- Ability to repair paint, defects and refinishing.
- Ability to accommodate customization requests.
- Ability to ensure compliance to industry specifications and safety standards.
- Through knowledge of automotive industry safety specifications and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Code 08 (ED) and/or Code 10 driver’s license
- Because of the nature of operations and the type of equipment used, inherent job requirement for the position is that the applicant must be declared mutually fit
- Knowledge of vehicle welding and brazing.
- Knowledge to use power and hand tools.
- Be willing to adhere to the company Code of Conduct.
- Must be well-organized and have excellent time-management skills
- Analyze information quickly with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written reporting skills.
- Five years’ experience and panel beater certification, or equivalent vocational training will be advantageous.
|8 July 2022